In August of 1966, the Knickerbocker family invited Jim Switzer, pastor of the Watertown Church, to come to Baldwinsville to lead a Bible Study. He did for several years until his son-in-law Merrill Vunk took over the work as full-time pastor after his seminary graduation. God blessed the church, people were saved and the church was incorporated in 1968. Sunday services were held in the old Baldwinsville Grange. In 1971, the land where FBC is now located was purchased. In 1972 the church building was completed. Baldwinsville Christian Academy, known as Faith Baptist Academy when it was founded, was established later that same year.
Over the past 50+ years, many have come through the doors of FBC and have called it home . . . we hope you can come and feel at home too
Pastor Dave McCarthy and his wife Pam arrived at Faith Baptist in September of 2012. His background is in the business world, but he has spent many years in ministry in his home church. He has received his Masters degree from Trinity Theological Seminary. Dave and Pam have three girls. Pam teaches in our academy, and desire to share their passion in building a genuine Church Family at Faith.
What We Do
- We preach Jesus Christ as Savior of the world and Lord of our lives
- We proclaim the Good News of His death and resurrection
- We celebrate the certainty of His return one day
- We teach the Bible as eternal and never-failing truth
- We minister to those who are hurting
- We send missionaries around the world to preach the Gospel
Our vision is what we desire God to do in our church:
We desire Faith Baptist to be a place where people…
…trust the Savior
…are born into His family
…are strengthened in their faith
…are equipped to serve others
We want others to sense, in our church family, the presence of God!
What Distinguishes Faith Baptist
- That God is with us and will never leave nor forsake us!
- That we have come to Jesus, not on the basis of how good we are, but how good God is, and He has saved us by his grace!
- That we know that we have eternal life through Jesus Christ!
- That loving the Lord and knowing His Word are our great goals in life!
- We desire to equip believers to study the Bible for themselves!